Reducing Mold Growth For Your Property
Control moisture to help reduce mold growth, the following steps can be taken to reduce the potential for moisture buildup or mold growth. Should a damage event occur, timely response is the key to preventing further damage. It is important to at within the first 24-48 hours.
- Correct any water leaks or standing water
- Remove standing water under cooling coils or air handling units.
- Properly maintain humidifiers, if used
- Replace wet or visibly moldy insulation materials
- Steam cleaning and other methods involving moisture should not be used on any kind of duct work
- Install a ventilation systems.
SERVPRO of South Bend specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.