Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program in Columbus, Indiana
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of South Bend today at 574-233-8377 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
When fire hits South Bend, SERVPRO is here for you
Unfortunately, the end of summer in Indiana welcomed some local fires. Due to the abundance of fires in our area, the SERVPRO team has been called to address some of the aftermath. This job is just one of many that the SERVPRO team has been called to assess the damages and help get the job done. The SERVPRO team wants to come into a residential home or business and make it look like, "it never even happened" by the time a job is completed. In this case, the fire attacked most of the family home.
After the SERVPRO team arrives to a job and evaluates the amount of harm done to the building, they start working promptly to prevent the situation from worsening. Immediately, after a fire, soot residue settles onto the furniture and the entire area of the property. If not treated in a prompt manner, acidic soot may appear. If there are areas in the house that have wood, it may require refinishing after a fire. This is why SERVPRO is always faster to any disaster!
Active Weather Season Is Approaching, and SERVPRO Is Here For You
Every summer, the U.S. goes through an “active weather” season. The middle of spring through summer is a prime time for hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, thunder storms, and fires. Here at SERVPRO, we’ve already begun to see the impact of the severe weather. In Indiana, we have already experienced a massive amount of rain. Luckily, our SERVPRO team is here for any natural disaster. We respond to water, wind and fire damage! Here are some weather events to look out for during the spring and summer months:
- Hurricanes–Hurricanes, with the accompanying wind, water, and flood, cause a lot of destruction in areas where they hit. When hurricanes gather strength, buildings, trees, and water infrastructures are commonly destroyed. The storms can also knock down power lines, posing a risk of electrocution.
- Tornadoes– Tornadoes are characterized by whirling winds and debris and can endanger life and property. They are common from spring until the middle of summer but can occur any time of the year.
- Floods– Floods are becoming more common in the U.S., with flash floods as the top weather-related killer. A few inches of water could bring extensive damage to homes and buildings. Heavy rains, levee breaches, and tsunamis cause floods. Many floods occur in areas that cannot absorb rainwater.
- Fires– The heat of the summer and the years of drought experienced in many parts of the country can precipitate massive forest fires that, in many instances, affect dwellings. Spontaneous combustion, volcanic eruption, and faulty electrical wires are other common causes of fires.
Call SERVPRO if you are ever in need after a natural disaster!
Did Water Damage Strike Your South Bend, Indiana Home or Business? SERVPRO Is Here To Help
Wet spots on the floor or a rusted tank may signal a problem. Your hot-water heater could have a leak or a busted valve. If you are having a problem with your hot-water heater, contact a qualified plumbing contractor right away.
Once you have called a plumbing contractor then contact SERVPRO of South Bend to provide an inspection utilizing advanced technical equipment. Upon inspection if damages are determined SERVPRO will address the water damage and provide a full repair service estimate. SERVPRO has a 24 hour emergency service team that is highly trained and ready to help you at your home or business.
Contact SERVPRO at 574-233-8377. SERVPRO services all of the Michiana area.
SERVPRO Tips: When Water Damages Your Basement
Last week this local commercial building suffered a large water loss. In this particular instance, SERVPRO was called after hours to respond to the unpleasant surprise for the local building. Our SERVPRO team responds day and night and is always "faster to any size disaster."
In this case, the water affected a large portion of the basement in a massive building. The basement had concrete and carpet floors that were affected by the water. Unfortunately, some of the area was an office building. Luckily, the SERVPRO team responds very quickly and they were able to minimize the water seeping into the carpeted area.
The first night our SERVPRO team responded, the water level was higher than expected. But in just a few short hours our SERVPRO team had the water drained and were beginning to clean the area. After the water was drained, they could begin the drying process. Luckily, our team has all of the necessary equipment and we were out of there in just a few days!
SERVPRO Tips: Why your Business Needs An ERP
SERVPRO of South Bend is a national sponsor of the American Red Cross' Ready Rating Program, and as part of our community service, we are helping local businesses prepare for disasters. We call these an E.R.P. (Emergency, Response, Plan). One of the best reasons to start an E.R.P. is because disasters seem to happen when you are away from the office or on vacation. Contained in an E.R.P. are a few of the following: property overview, building access information, contact information, utility information (shut off locations) and other useful information that we tend to forget about when faced with a tragedy. For more information about starting an E.R.P. for your business today please call SERVPRO of South Bend at 574-233-8377 to help prepare you in case of a disaster.
SERVPRO of South Bend is here to help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts at SERVPRO of South Bend at 574-233-8377.
The 500 year flood in February of 2018 caused may people in the area a lot of hurt. Many people had their homes badly damaged if they weren't destroyed. While others were possibly hurt in another way, the Niles Dial-A-Ride unfortunately, flooded putting at risk a vital community service. Many people in the area use this service to get to and from their place of employment. SERVPRO of South Bend, NE were on site to begin pumping water and the drying process. The service was back up and running quickly to the benefit of the community and the happiness of the location. SERVPRO will make it "Like it never even happened."
A Basement Can Flood At Any Time, And SERVPRO Is Here To Help
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your South Bend basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today - (574) 233-8377
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of South Bend and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
The Telltale Signs That Your Water Heater Needs Replaced
Wet spots on the floor or a rusted tank may signal a problem. Your hot-water heater could have a leak or a busted valve. If you are having a problem with your hot-water heater, contact a qualified plumbing contractor right away. Once you have called a plumbing contractor then contact SERVPRO of South Bend NE to provide an inspection utilizing advanced technical equipment. Upon inspection if damages are determined SERVPRO of South Bend NE will address the water damage and provide a full repair service estimate. SERVPRO of South Bend NE has a 24 hour emergency service team that is highly trained and ready to help you at your home or business. Contact SERVPRO of South Bend NE at 574-233-8377. SERVPRO of South Bend NE services all of the Michiana area.